Explore Descanso Gardens After Hours with “Cultivate”
Ever wonder what happens in the Garden After Hours? Come find out with Cultivate, Descanso Garden's New After-Hours Series starting this Saturday, February 1 to September 4, 2020.
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
There’s a certain magic that takes place in Descanso Gardens after regular visiting hours are over and the daytime guests are all gone. Now you can feed your curiosity and discover all the interesting things that happen in the garden after hours with Descanso Gardens’ new evening event series, Cultivate. Starting this Saturday February 1, and taking place once a month through September 4, Cultivate invites you to grab some friends and enjoy nature in a new way. Take a tour, dance to music amongst the flowers, learn about nature in a natural setting, and enjoy food and drink as the sun sets behind the foothills. Tickets for Cultivate are $5 for members, $15 nonmembers and advance registration is required at www.descansogardens.org.
“So many of our members have told us how much they’ve enjoyed visiting Descanso for special evening events that we decided to make it a regular occurrence,” said Juliann Rooke, Descanso Gardens’ Executive Director. “We’re thrilled to offer new ways for members and non-members alike to enjoy the Gardens and explore everything they have to offer—especially at night!”
Some of the activities taking place at Cultivate include:
• Guided tours that reveal hidden garden stories
• Talks by guest speakers to get you thinking and pique your curiosity about science, nature, people’s relationship’s to plants and the world around you
• Music under the trees
• Sunset over the foothills
• Food and drink by The Kitchen at Descanso
• Hands-on activities for all ages
• Saturday, February 1: Under the Oaks Theatre. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, March 7: Hilltop Gardens. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, April 4: Rose Garden. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, May 4: Oak Grove. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Sunday, June 7: Wellness. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Sunday, July 4: Camellia Garden. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Sunday, August 2: Sound and Movement. 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Friday, September 4: Oak Grove. 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
About Descanso Gardens
Founded as a public garden in 1953, Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge. Descanso Gardens is open daily (closed Christmas) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults; $6 for seniors and students with a school I.D.; $4 for children 5 to 12, and free for ages 4 and younger.
Descanso Gardens is a member-supported garden accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Join Descanso Gardens and enjoy free admission and early entry year-round. Information: (818) 949-4200 or descansogardens.org.