Explore the Healing Properties of Plants with Descanso Gardens’ Nighttime Event, “Night Garden: Plant Power”
On Saturday, March 16
Monday, March 4, 2019
Harnessing the power of plants for both mental and physical healing is centuries old. With the second event in its nighttime series, Night Garden: Plant Power, Descanso Gardens invites visitors in after hours to enjoy a variety of relaxing activities that help you to understand the amazing potential of the living things… “that grow all around us.” Activities include:
• Essential Oils, 5:30–7:30 p.m. Sample essential oils and learn the many benefits of these botanical scents.
• Garden Yoga, 5:30–7:30 p.m. Learn some simple, standing yoga poses that are inspired by nature.
• Flower Sachets, 5:30–8:30 p.m. Make your own potpourri to take home.
• The Gifts of Oak Trees Talk, 6–6:45 p.m. While sitting under a canopy of oaks, learn about these essential and majestic California trees from herbalist, educator and author, Emily Han.
• Patina Concession Stand, 5:30–8:30 p.m. Enjoy food and drinks available for purchase
• Sound Bath, 5:30–8 p.m. Surround yourself with the calming but powerful sounds of singing bowls in the camellia forest.
• Moonlight Meditation, 6–6:30 p.m. & 7–7:30 p.m. Join us for a guided meditation session and experience the benefits of practicing mindfulness in nature.
• Flower Petal Art, 5:30–8:30 p.m. Add flower petals to our community art project.
• Live Music, 5:45–8:15 p.m. Enjoy live music by the jazz taiko fusion group, Tadaima.
• Patina Pop-Up, 5:30–8 p.m. Snacks and drinks available for purchase.
“Night Garden: Plant Power” will be held Saturday, March 16, 5:30–8:30 p.m. at Descanso Gardens (1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge). Tickets: Advance tickets required. Tickets: $5 members, $15 nonmembers. Open rain or shine, tickets are non-refundable. Parking is available in Descanso Gardens’ main parking lot.
About Descanso Gardens
Founded as a public garden in 1953, Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge. Descanso Gardens is open daily (closed Christmas) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $9 for adults; $6 for seniors and students with a school I.D.; $4 for children 5 to 12, and free for ages 4 and younger.
Descanso Gardens is a member-supported garden accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Join Descanso Gardens and enjoy free admission and early entry year-round. Information: (818) 949-4200 or descansogardens.org.