Upcoming Armstrong Garden Centers Gardening Classes
Special seasonal workshops will be hosted from March through April 2016
Saturday, February 20, 2016
Armstrong Garden Centers invites California gardeners of all skill levels to its free upcoming classes. Each workshop will encourage attendees to nurture their green thumbs with a wide range of topics from growing your own vegetables and herbs to crafting the perfect tomato garden. Classes will be held at all 32 store locations throughout California (unless noted otherwise).
Armstrong Garden Centers’ scheduled workshops for March 2016:
• Sunday, March 6, 10:00 a.m. – Homegrown Vegetables and Herbs – This is the ideal time to plant veggies and herbs for fresh-from-the-garden summer meals. We will give you growing tips and advice from planting to harvest.
• Saturday, March 12, 9:00 a.m.; Sunday, March 13, 10:00 a.m. – Grow Your Own Berries – Plant berries now for flavorful summer harvests. Berries are so easy to grow, even in small spaces. We will show you how.
• Saturday, March 19, 9:00 a.m.; Sunday, March 20, 10:00 a.m. – Growing Perfect Tomatoes (Southern California locations only) – Tomatoes are easy, great for beginning gardeners and Armstrong has the largest selection of all kinds. You will learn everything you need to grow delicious and juicy tomatoes.
Armstrong Garden Centers’ scheduled workshops for April 2016:
• Saturday, April 2, 9:00 a.m.; Sunday, April 3, 10:00 a.m. – Growing Perfect Tomatoes – Tomatoes are easy, great for beginning gardeners and Armstrong has the largest selection of all kinds. You will learn everything you need to grow delicious and juicy tomatoes.
• Saturday, April 9, 9:00 a.m.; Sunday, April 10, 10:00 a.m. – Homegrown Vegetables and Herbs – This is the ideal time to plant veggies and herbs for fresh-from-the-garden summer meals. We will give you growing tips and advice from planting to harvest.
• Saturday, April 23, 9:00 a.m. – Ladybugs and Other Good Bugs – Beneficial insects are excellent garden helpers and now is the best time to introduce them into your garden. We will show you which plants are best for maintaining beneficial bugs such as ladybugs and praying mantises as well as what they do to help your garden flourish.
• Sunday, April 24, 10:00 a.m. – Organic Gardening Basics – Armstrong is the one-stop nursery for everything you will need to start and maintain an organic garden. This class will focus on building soil health and problem solving using organic products and techniques.
• Saturday, April 30, 9:00 a.m. – Growing Citrus in the Home Garden – From gourmet Meyer lemons to your favorite clementine, if you plant now, you will get bountiful crops of juicy citrus fruit. Learn how with tips and advice from Armstrong’s experts in this class.
Each class will be instructed by a nursery professional who will offer timely gardening advice and hands-on demonstrations. Advance registration is not required to attend and classes are open to gardeners of all skill levels. Armstrong Garden Centers also offers free garden talks from its team of experts for local gardening clubs, homeowners associations and other community groups.
Armstrong Garden Centers
Armstrong Garden Centers specializes in a quality selection of garden lifestyle retail and landscape consultation services. Established in 1889, this employee-owned company has served California for 127 years, taking the guesswork out of gardening through innovation and providing the best leaders in customer service. Armstrong Garden Centers is the largest independent retail nursery in California with 32 locations and three growing facilities. For more information on Armstrong Garden Centers and gardening tips, visit www.armstronggarden.com and www.armstronggrowers.com.